Tuesday, March 25, 2014

All About Art

A few months ago, a friend of mine posted on Facebook that she had two gift certificates to a local art shop, All About Art, for one of their painting sessions. She was moving out of town and was offering the gift certificates to the first friend who responded. That would be me. :) I've been watching along to see when they offered a class/painting that I might like to have. Nothing ever really came up that peaked my interest. The only ones that did had already been offered.

Well, it's Spring Break this week. Teen is in Nicaragua on a Mission Trip, so that leaves Roo and me home alone. I needed to go to E'prise today to check on some things. I decided it would be a great time for us to see if we could use those gift certificates and be a little creative! Roo chose a bank to paint while I chose one of the previously offered canvas paintings to "copy". He finished his bank before I finished my canvas, so he also painted a quick canvas.

 photo IMG_1646_zps3029414d.jpg
See the bird I was using as my example? Mine doesn't look exactly like that, but I do love how it came together (especially since I'm not a painter.) ;)
 photo IMG_1648_zpsbc33e4f1.jpg
I need to touch up my bird's eye. I couldn't for the life of me get it to look right while in the shop. I decided to call it quits and finish it at home. I'll share the finished canvas when I'm done! Promise!

4 comments:

  1. I thought the first one was yours, lol. But the one you did is cool too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, well, I wish! Mine looks like a child painted it. But, I'm happy with it. I really do promise to share it! I have an iPhone photo of it, but it's eh. I'll take a better one in better light tomorrow and share. ;)

      Delete
  2. How fun! I think your bird looks fine! Obviously it's not finished so I'll have to see it later :) We have a place like that here, that I always think I want to go to. Recently I've given it more thought though...it's like $30 and up, and I know I'm not a great painter. Do I really want to spend $30 on something so embarrassing I won't want to display it anywhere except the depths of a closet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean, Jill! Our projects that day totaled $63. Fortunately, the gift certificates were worth $30 each. I was out of pocket $3.

      Delete

I love comments! Leave one to let me know you were here!