Monday, October 14, 2013

Rockin' deal

It pays to be patient sometimes. Since we moved here in June, I've been on the lookout for some porch rockers. I looked at Cracker Barrel and Lowe's and other places, but my pocketbook didn't like those prices. I'm too much of a bargain hunter to pay full price. So, I resigned to watching Craigslist for some rockers. I've seen a few come along on Craigslist. A couple of the chairs in the ads, I've seen in person at some flea markets. They needed too much TLC for me, so I passed. There were a few on Craigslist that I missed because I got lax and didn't look for a few days. When I contacted the poster about them, they were gone. Delete your sold post, people!

Saturday night, I looked again and noticed some rockers that had been posted nine hours earlier. Ack!! On a Saturday? Surely, they were already gone too. I replied to the post anyway thinking I wouldn't hear back. No response. No response Sunday morning either. So, I replied inquiring again. Sunday after church? Still nothing. I assumed they were gone. Then, I sat down at the computer and an email popped up. My emails had gone to their spam folder. I was welcome to come look at the rockers! I did and brought them home! I guess it's true what they say about Craigslist. Don't be in a hurry. Don't give up! Keep looking!

Now to put "decorate the front porch" on my list of things to do!
 photo photo-12g_zps25cbbe97.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Great find, I love them! I miss having a front porch. We have a stoop now.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave one to let me know you were here!