Wednesday, July 10, 2013

What would you do?

If you were given an antique milk can that your father got from your aunt who used it to sell milk from the dairy cows that they had while
they were running a general/community store but hadn't been in the dairy business or store business for most of your life because all that happened
before you were ever born and you are forty-three years old, what would you do with it?
 photo photo-7_zpsad462934.jpg
(How do you like that run on sentence? It's the kind of mood I'm in today. I apologize!)

How do you like the milk can? What should I do with it?

If those stickers read 43 rather than 42, I'd be tempted to leave them. Did I mention I turned forty-three recently? Geesh... I'm nearing middle age. Some might say I'm already there, but I disagree. My paternal grandmother lived to be 95. I'm shooting for 100, so I won't be middle age in my own personal opinion until I hit 50. ;) So, having said all of that off topic nonsense, I think the stickers will disappear from the antique milk can. I'm not sure what else I'm going to do with it though.

2 comments:

  1. I would definitely paint it and use it on the front porch for decoration--would make a good place to put wet umbrellas with the lid off. That is a common use for them around here in what used to be a huge dairy farm area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take the numbers off, obviously ;)
    Is there any kind of spray or sealant you could coat it with to prevent future rusting or deterioration? I ask because the way it is, kinda rustic and well-loved, looks your speed :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave one to let me know you were here!