Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Fresh goodness

With all the things on my to-do list, I am going to take a little break from it and detour to something else. My friend picked up a box of pickling cucumbers yesterday at the Farmer's Market and asked if I wanted to split the box with her. She also picked me up a box of tomatoes for canning. Last night when I should have been mowing the yard or cleaning the house for company that is arriving in thirty minutes, I was staring at these boxes of produce wondering just how late I was going to be up last night!
 photo photo-13n_zps1ff4e0fd.jpg
 photo photo-12n_zps09bec707.jpg
The Farmer's Market lady who has never even met me must have known I was crazy enough to tackle this last night and saved me!
When I began to look at the tomatoes, I decided they weren't quite ripe enough yet and could wait a few days. (A few days being after our company leaves!

Whew... I got to plan a decent bedtime last night and mow a portion of the yard after dinner!

After finishing outside because it got dark and I could no longer see, I came in and started on the cukes. I chopped them with my Ninja which I absolutely love! Then I chopped the other veggies to go with them. I put them all in the fridge and decided to let them drain overnight and tackle the homemade pickle relish recipe this morning. It all worked out for me! I have seven pretty pints of homemade pickle relish.

The house is in a decent order and the yard looks ok too. We're ready for our guests! I'll share the pickle relish adventure recipe with you later!

3 comments:

  1. I bet that Ninja made short work of all those cukes for relish! I had a feeling once you got it you would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gwen, can you look and see if your Ninja is 110 ~ 240? I can't use most of my appliances over here and that looks pretty neat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've answered you privately, but for anyone else that might come along and want to know, it's a 120V. Not good for Europe. :/ Sorry!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave one to let me know you were here!