Thursday, May 2, 2013

Flowers for me!

 photo IMG_9818_zps83dfd71e.jpg
Do you ever buy fresh flowers for yourself?

Today, I was in Trader Joe's and walked by their fresh cut flowers. I thought about my neighbor in the doctor's office at that very moment having an ovarian cyst removed. I decided to buy her a bouquet. I decided to buy myself one too. Why not? No one else does unless it's a special occasion (and sometimes not even then. ;) )
 photo IMG_9797_zps5be6cc18.jpg photo IMG_9811_zps1a7329b5.jpg
I love them in one of my pretty antique blue Mason jars sitting on an antique Pyrex plate on top of a wicker place-mat I purchased while visiting the Philippines.
So many memories and smiles just from the display of my gift to myself today.
 photo IMG_98071_zpsf517918c.jpg

2 comments:

  1. I got myself a bunch of tulips at Easter, I needed a little burst of spring. Aldi used to carry nice flowers but I haven't seen any for quite a while now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you did something nice for yourself to brighten things up...and I'm glad you did something nice for your neighbor too.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave one to let me know you were here!