Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Love with Food

Photobucket
A while back when I started really thinking about the foods we eat and reading labels more, I realized that one area I would need to completely change was our snacks. I have two boys. No snacking isn't an option for growing boys, especially since one is a teenage boy and the other is a preteen. Um, no, not fighting that battle.

Completely overhauling our diets is hard when it comes the convenience of snacks. I haven't done it all for none. I've made sure to cut out certain things here and there. I'm taking baby steps and progressing a little at a time. It's hard enough convincing the boys that my "healthy food" isn't just a kick I'm on for me! I didn't want to just start buying new stuff because of labels and ingredients though. You can spend a lot of money on "good for you stuff" that tastes like a cardboard box. Boxed foods are what I'm trying to avoid anyway - whether it is in a box or tastes like one! LOL There are things out there that are more convenient and that do come prepackaged that are good for you! It's scary buying them though because of the unknown. I was sharing this new revelation with a friend of mine at church. She introduced me to Love With Food.

Here's how it works. I sign up for either monthly membership or I can sign up for more. With this being new, I am just doing month to month for now. Each month, I'll receive a Love with Food box in the mail with samples of yummy gourmet food. Food with REAL ingredients - none of the bad stuff. For each box I purchase, LWF will donate a meal to a needy family. Also, with giving reviews and such for items found in my box, I earn points toward purchases of items from the website.

Yesterday, I received my first box.
Photobucket
Right after snapping the photo, I tore open the Mini Crunch Strawberry Almond Bite Sized Snacks. They are something I've wanted to try (not particularly this brand name) but haven't for fear I wouldn't like them. Report: They were so delish! I emptied the package! The only ingredient on the package that catches my eye as a bad one is "natural flavors". Sure there is sugar, but it's cane sugar so that is a little more helpful than white processed sugar or worse yet, HFCS. The Fruit-O mango pear sauce is also something I have been wanting to try because it would be a good thing for lunch boxes. But, I have been leary. Now, I get to see what this is all about. As with anything I do, I question the price. $10 for the box plus $2 shipping. But, what if I spent $4 on a package of the Strawberry Almond Bites and absolutely hated them? I did that recently with a Pumpkin Spice tea now I'm stuck with the whole box. I'm interested in trying this Stash brand to see if it's better. With the first box, I'm pleased. I'll look forward to my next box and seeing what it has to offer. Will I continue with the membership? Who knows, but for now, I'm happy with it!
Photobucket
If you're interested in signing up for yourself, you can help me earn a couple of points by following this referral link and signing up to see what goodies appear in your mailbox. Gwen's Love With Food Personal Referral Link (click)

3 comments:

  1. Looks interesting. I may have to check that out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a neat idea, the Inka corn caught my eye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Inka corn was weird with the first bite. But the more we ate the more we were reminded of Fritos corn chips!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave one to let me know you were here!