Saturday, October 27, 2012

Spooks' Welcome

Reed wanted to go all out and decorate the yard for Halloween. I was stubborn and didn't want to spend the money. $30 for a fog machine? Um, no, not into it. So, we got creative and did a few things along the sidewalk to the front door. Turns out, Hurricane Sandy may do some of her own decorating that might end up being a little more scary than ours. So, I saved money foregoing that fog machine. ;)

With thoughts of the storm heading our way, I debated taking down the decorations. Instead of all that, I just went out and snapped some photos to share and remember.
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Matilda, the witch, is a tomato cage turned upside down and draped with black trash bags and netting. I drilled holes in the plastic pumpkin to insert the tops of the tomato cage wire into. We then topped her off with the witch's hat. The ghost is Reed's costume from last year draped over the taller metal sunflower (like the short one you see on the side).
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Tombstones and bones litter the flowerbed.
Photobucket
And the porch is creepy webbed with spiders and mice.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic decor! The little rats are my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh! Love the spiders! Always wanted to do that, but I'm vetoed every year. The mice are tooooooo cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the witches and ghosts, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did your decorations fare with Sandy?

    ReplyDelete
  5. We brought the witch, the spiders and the tombstones inside during the time period of the storm. I half expected to find the spiderweb all over the yard, but did not. It did catch plenty of pine straw through the storm though!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave one to let me know you were here!