Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Butternut Squash

Photobucket
I was watching one of the daytime tv shows recently (can't remember which one). The host cut and roasted butternut squash after sprinkling them with olive oil and spices. I was instantly taken back to the Shabu Shabu restaurant in Korea and their broth which we used to cook our meat at the table. Along with the meats to cook, we also received greens and other veggies to add to our soup. Butternut squash slices was one of those veggies. Maybe I'll try that with the next butternut squash purchase! In the meantime, I forgot what spices Daytime TV Host put on her squash. So, I just sprinkled mine with olive oil, pepper and cinnamon. I thought of salt, but decided against it. The cinnamon was perfect for the squash and the pepper gave it a nice little kick! It turned out really good! Yummy in fact!

*Since getting my iPhone, I've finally joined Instagram. Not sharing a ton of photos, but having fun with the little photo app just the same. :)

5 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy. I'm the only person in this house that will eat squash, so I rarely cook it.

    I have been avoiding Instagram, but L was telling me how much she enjoyed it when she was here. I may check it out, yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm...yum! I love roasted pumpkin...must try it with a little spice next time :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so yummy! I've never cooked butternut squash - I think I've been missing out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It makes a great soup too. And pretty simple to make.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! I make a really good sweet potato/butternut squash soup. I need to put that on my to do list!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave one to let me know you were here!