Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Second Stop and Overnight in Rhode Island

One of the places I had on my "To See" list was Mystic Seaport in Mystic, CT.
We had gotten a late start from the house that day because we were waiting on the UPS man.
Photobucket
Because of that late start, we didn't make it to Mystic Seaport before the museum area closed for the day.
We got there ten minutes after they closed. That was ok though because we still got to walk around a little and didn't have to get stuck with a tour.
We aren't tour people. So, it all worked out for the best.
We saw a portion of it, read some signs, strolled through the gift shop and called it good.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
We had places to go and other things to see!
G-Dub had made arrangements for us to spend the night in Newport, Rhode Island, at the Navy Lodge on the Naval Station.

We knew as soon as we topped the Newport Bridge that we loved this place! What gorgeous views! Boats were all over the harbor and bay area.
I was driving so left it up to G-Dub to snap some photos with his iPhone.
Photobucket
Before going to check into the room, we drove downtown and did some scoping of the area.
The marinas were full of beautiful boats.
Photobucket
We decided to buy this one.
Photobucket
Then we pinched ourselves and came back to reality. Hey! It's ok to dream. And it's free too! :D
On to the Navy Lodge to unload, then search for dinner.
Photobucket
Apparently, Newport Naval Station is home to Naval War College. That's all I know.
I wondered what the story was of these beautiful historic buildings. We didn't find out though.
Photobucket
The sun had set and the bridge looked stunning in colors of the fading day.
Photobucket
Speaking of fading, our lunch had long faded and our bellies were begging for a taste of the sea.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. The view from Navy Lodge Newport sure looks a heck of a lot better than the view from Navy Lodge Groton! :P I hope you enjoyed your dinner at the "bock & crab" (say it fast and you'll get what I mean haha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an amazing trip. Love your new boat. Let me know when you are going to set sail. I would love to tag along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are making me want to come north!!! Love seeing all your photos and dreaming of vacations I can take! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave one to let me know you were here!