Monday, July 9, 2012

The BoardWalk

Yeah, after visiting Seaside Heights Boardwalk, "Under the Boardwalk" was stuck in my head all day long! Sorry if after reading this post, it happens to you.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Growing up in Mississippi, the Gulf Coast was my first introduction to the beach. The Gulf Coast is beautiful and will always have a special place in my heart. I've been to other beaches across the country and even a few in other countries. But, I'd never been to a beach boardwalk. Oh sure, with movies like Beaches, books like "The Five People You Meet in Heaven", and other Hollywood productions, I knew the premise of a boardwalk, but just hadn't experienced one until this weekend.

Amusement park/county fair meets the beach! Of course, here in New Jersey, we're supposed to call it "The Shore". Really? Did that happen before or after Snooki and Jersey Shore? Hmmm... since I'm not that familiar with either, I will leave the answer to that for someone else.

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Since we weren't actually going to the beach, just strolling along the boardwalk to see what all the hype was about, we had to stop and take in some of the games that draw in the kids.

Dev's quote was "Wii Carnival Games come to life!"
(Ok, so maybe we haven't ever been those parents who let their kids spend a small fortune at carnivals. LOL)
Photobucket
Pointers from G-Dub
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Only three tries and no official frog/lily pad landing.
Maybe Dev can do it because in his words, "Oh, it looks so easy. You've got to hit it like this."
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
No good. "That game is rigged!" (Um, ya think?)
On to something a little less "rigged".
Photobucket
Dev won a prize. Like a good big brother, he gave the stuffed toy to Roo.

Moving on, continuing to walk down the boardwalk.
Can I tell you how much I love that he's looking back to see if I'm coming or ok? Roles reversed in this pic!
Photobucket
Photobucket
If you went all the way down and didn't want to walk back, you could take the skyride/gondola back.
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Did you see on the news where some girl jumped off the gondola this week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I didn't see that. Interesting! And crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures are AWESOME! I love them! I so want to visit "the Shore" now :) Also...I happened to notice both boys have DP bottles in one of these pics. Cute :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures! Love the Mighty Mouse one. LOL

    Oh... and it was 'the shore' long before Jersey Shore and all of that. Sean said his grandparents called it the shore and I remember the first time I went to Atlantic City in 1996 my SIL told me it was the shore, not the beach, the shore. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave one to let me know you were here!