Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Yard sale find

I have had it in my mind since Christmas that I "need" an antique sled. I need it to display on the front porch as a decoration during the winter months. Do you know how much antique sleds cost in stores if you can find them? More than I'm willing to pay. I had pinned some ideas:
Photobucket
We were on the way to Best Buy Saturday morning and saw a Yard Sale sign. We stopped because G-Dub spotted some tools and such. As I was walking up the driveway, I noticed six or seven antique sleds. Jackpot! Lil'Man and I debated over which one we should get. He wanted a really old one while I wanted one that still had the advertizing/slogan on it. I caught the attention of the lady who was running the yard sale and asked how much the sleds were. The one I wanted had an old masking tape sticker on it that had $10 written on it so I was prepared for that or more. When she said, "I'll take a dollar a piece." I almost fell over. I resisted the urge to grab the whole bunch because rationally I only needed one. And I needed the one with the slogan on it.
Photobucket
Lil'Man was still saying we needed a really old one. We walked away with only one, the one I wanted. I just have to figure out where to store it between now and the winter. Right now, it's propped against the fireplace. LOL

1 comment:

  1. How cool and what a steal!!!! Reminds me of the ones we used to have, they unfortunately went up in flames when the garage caught fire :(

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave one to let me know you were here!