Monday, May 14, 2012

Photo Challenge Fail - but Thrifty Finds Success

Hey, life just gets in the way sometimes. It has for me and the May photo challenge. Oh well, I'll carry on some other way. Let me share a photo of my yard sale finds from this weekend.
Photobucket
When Roo was busy bargaining with the woman about a drawer full of 14 Million (guesstimate) Legos, I discovered an old milk crate that had seen better days, but that I was stricken with. Not sure what I'll actually do with it, but for two bucks, it was worth bringing home to see. I finally deciphered the writing carved on the outside - Golden Glow, Erie, PA. I may leave it on the deck and put a potted plant inside.

Also, I found a metal star candle holder that I thought was really neat. I just have to find a place to hang it because it won't sit on it's bottom point. If I knew we'd seriously spend a lot of time outdoors this summer after dark, I'd put it outside in a heartbeat. Not sure about that though.

I walked away spending four bucks. Roo and his 14 billion (yeah, I think they grew) spent a little more. He was happy though because some old Star Wars Lego pieces were in there!

2 comments:

  1. You can't ever go wrong with old boxes and crates. There's always something to do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to comment on this earlier but my phone was acting up. I really like that metal star! it is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave one to let me know you were here!