Thursday, February 16, 2012

Walls above the sofa

I've had our large family portrait hanging above the sofa since just after moving into this house. It looked rather ordinary and lonely there, but I wasn't sure how else I wanted to adorn the wall. I wanted to create a gallery wall, but wasn't sure what all I wanted to put on there. I finally decided enough was enough of the empty walls earlier this week!

Here's the end result of a few hours of measuring and planning and sorting.
Photobucket
It's not heart throbbing love, but I do like it. Maybe if I gather more things or change out some photos later I'll feel the heart jolts for it. For now, I really do like it. It's amazing what just adding things to the wall has done for the room. It feels so much more complete now.

It was so nice and clean and uncluttered earlier in the day. Then the bus dropped the kids off. Reality walked in the front door and settled into the living room.
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I have one of those framed name doily things. Was a wedding present. Wonder what I do with it now? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm that's a good question.

    Our was a wedding present too. I think they were all the rage in the mid 90's when we got married. Now it's one of those things I like but don't love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehe, that's a cute way to describe it (reality walked in when the school bus dropped them off). I really, really like how your walls turned out. I need to work on mine some more too. I've got too much blank space down here and it makes the room feel incomplete. Totally know what you're describing there!!! YOur room looks great!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave one to let me know you were here!