Thursday, December 1, 2011

Mixing it up!

Photobucket
I don't think I've made homemade Chex Mix but maybe once in my life. My mom always made it for the holiday season. I made it with a friend once and we shared it between our families. We cheat a lot and buy the bagged kind. I decided recently that making my own would be a nice change. So, a few nights ago, I got busy and made a double batch. Teen14 walked in and asked, "Why would you want to make your own Chex mix?" and I had to age myself a bit and admit that you couldn't always just go buy it in a bag at the store. Chex Mix used to be a special treat for the holidays. Wow... one more way times have changed!

2 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about making some myself, must be the time of year it is. Just remember, these kids have never seen a black and white television either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it better than what you buy? I haven't made it in years either, but have always loved it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave one to let me know you were here!