Thursday, September 2, 2010

Friday photos

Photobucket
Maybe it was my remembrance of the need for salt and pepper shakers (that are in storage in Kansas) when we were unpacking and setting up house here in our apartment. Maybe it was my reminiscing about all those trips to Pizza Hut with friends in high school. Maybe it was my love of old glass containers. Maybe it was just my love of frugal and thrifty finds. No matter what it was, when I saw this old glass shaker in the thrift shop in Alabama over the summer, I decided I needed it. I carefully wrapped the shaker and packed it in my suitcase cushioning it for its flight across the oceans and continents. When I unpacked it, I couldn't figure out how I'd use it. Roo had bought a large packet of sprinkles a few days before I unpacked the shaker. Rather than have him precariously dip and spoon them onto my kitchen counter his ice cream, I decided the shaker would be perfect for the sprinkles!

Now, if I could just convince him that THIS isn't the intended purpose. *rolleyes*
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Sarah says your sprinkles container is soo cool!
    Funny little man LOL....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are the same kind of containers we use for our sprinkles at Red Robin ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the jars and love the picture! Silly boy :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave one to let me know you were here!