Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Yummy

Photobucket
On the fourth of July, we were in Tupelo. Our friends from the Memphis area came down to visit, so we went to the park. It was Saturday before the fourth and the park was set up for the "festival" and fireworks later. We were in the same place at the same time last year so I was happy to see the Cheesecake on a Stick guys back with their street fair food. These guys take cheesecake slices, put them on sticks, freeze them, then dip that into either a chocolate, strawberry or key lime mixture. Your choice! I couldn't remember what I chose last year. Any of it sounded fabulous, but I decided one of each probably wasn't the best idea.
Photobucket
I chose key lime this year. What a great choice! There was just enough zest in each bite to balance out the sweetness of the cheesecake.
Photobucket
Good to the last lick of the stick!

3 comments:

  1. We were at an art festival a couple of weeks back and there was a food vendor that had chocolate dipped cheesecake on a stick. I didn't try it, though I'm sure it's delicious!

    That stick gave me chills. I've always hated the feeling of the ice cream stick on the tongue. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. At Marco Island, FL, there's an ice cream store that sells Key Lime Pie on a stick. A lovely slice of key lime pie, frozen and dipped in dark chocolate. Now THAT'S heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks yummy!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave one to let me know you were here!