Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Simple Woman's Dayboook

I'm borrowing an idea from my friend, Linda at the MacDonald Clan for today's post.

Outside my window - There is no window in this room. But, outside our main window, I noticed yesterday's snow is melting as are the snowmen that the kids built yesterday in the courtyard.
I am thinking - I need to get the boys and myself off our extended lunch break and finish schoolwork for today!
I am thankful for - the time we have had to homeschool. We've all enjoyed our time in doing so and it's worked for us the past few years.
From the kitchen - I cheated for lunch and cooked us all Ramen soup. LOL Dev and I had the hot and spicy Korean kind. It was the kind we had to ask his Korean friend what the label says because it's all written in Korean and weren't sure if we were cooking it right. But really, how can you go wrong with Ramen? It was really hot and spicy too! My nose was running while eating it. A runny nose is always a good indicator that the food is good, right? LOL That's what we always said about Mexican food and have adopted the saying for the Korean food.
I am wearing - ha... I'm wearing a pair of Converse "windpants" that I bought.... are you ready for this? ..... in 1992. LOL I told G-Dub how old these pants were the other day and he said not to go spreading that around. You all won't tell, will you? Hey, apparently they are good quality and were money well spent. ;)
I am creating - nothing.... I need to make some cards, but haven't been motivated to do anything!
I am going - take a trip next week. A girl's trip with three other wives to another country! Should be interesting. I'll tell you more about it later.
I am reading - Janet Evanovich's Finger Licking Fifteen I love her. She's so funny. Thanks to Julie for introducing her to me!
I am hoping - to take the boys swimming after school.
I am hearing -Devon singing some weird made up song about Transformers. e
Around the house... - laundry needs put away and the boys' bathroom needed cleaned. The rest of the house is in decent order. I probably should sweep, but I'm done for the day!
One of my favorite things - sitting down to a good dinner that I prepared and having everyone enjoy and appreciate it. A few nights ago, I broiled hamburgers in the oven. No one was very excited about those because they had wished for grilled. But, you get what you get with this apartment living. Last night's dinner went over much better!
A few plans for the rest of the week: Going to Starbucks in the morning to meet one of the ladies from planned trip. I'm not a coffee drinker, thus I'm not a big Starbucks fan, but it'll be good to go chill and chat for a little while. Also, I need to start planning and packing for my trip. It's 90 degrees where we are going. Quite different than the 41 here today. I had to call my mom last month and have her mail me my summer clothes I'd left at her house in November! LOL
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
Dev and I waiting on our food at a great Mexican restaurant we found near here.
Photobucket
I like black and white.... it's so much more forgiving than color and doesn't make me look nearly as old as color. LOL

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the pic!!! And S'bux serves tea now, so you can start going more, lol. Prob not sweet tea though,hehehe. Have you thought of a George Foreman grill for 'grilling' inside? I got one as a gift, and am surprise how much I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep procrastinating about making cards too Gwen! Love that pic!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave one to let me know you were here!