Sunday, February 7, 2010

Subway

I'll whole-heartedly admit that I'm a country girl. Sure, it's been almost fifteen years since I've actually lived in the country, but that doesn't matter. You know what they say, "You can take the girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl." That's me. Someday, I'll be a country girl again, but for now, I'll just enjoy the versatility. Actually, my mil has accused us of being too dependent on convenience to survive living in the country again. We'll see when the time comes. I seem to settle right back into it quite well when we go "home" and visit though. :)

In the meantime, I'll get back to the topic of this post. Sorry. Got sidetracked.

On our trip to Seoul, G-Dub was determined that he wanted the boys to experience all the means of transportation available. We've ridden Korean buses (and lived to tell!) so we opted out of those this evening. He wanted them to ride the subway again. We've all ridden Seoul subways before, but they were too young to remember it last time.
Photobucket
I rode the MARTA years ago in Atlanta. That was my first experience with a subway. Atlanta doesn't compare to Seoul though.

As I said earlier, I'm a "country girl". So, I'll admit that I was just as entranced by the crowds of the city as the boys were. And the crowds in the subway stations did not disappoint. Luckily, the trains weren't as crowded as they were seven years ago on Christmas Eve. I remember being packed in those cars like sardines then. Thankfully, at the time, someone felt sorry for me holding a baby and let me have their seat.

The ticket system had changed in the last few years, so obtaining tickets was a bit of a challenge at first. Finally, we got on our way along Line 4.
Photobucket
Hold on! :)
Photobucket
G-Dub was oblivious to having his photo taken as he was watching the lighted map to see when our next stop was coming up.
Photobucket
Ah, Seoul Station.
Photobucket
A helpful Korean girl directed us to our next line and we were on our way again.
Photobucket
Pardon the blur, I wasn't doing a good job of balancing between picture taking and holding on. lol

2 comments:

  1. I've been noticing and finally have to comment, that knowing how tall both you and G are, I cannot believe how tall Devon has gotten!! He's not even a full fledged teenager yet (Is he? Have I lost total track of time?)! lol

    I've never ridden a subway system. We don't have them here, and the only place I've ever visited where they exist is NY.

    Looks like an experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you know I will wholeheartedly encourage the use of public transportation. It is after all what keeps me workin :) Good for you guys for trying it out and exposing the boys to new things.

    I too have noticed how tall Devon seems lately. I'm sure he is taller than I am now!! ha

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave one to let me know you were here!