Sunday, January 24, 2010

Trip to Seoul (Part 1)

Photobucket
We took an impromptu trip to Seoul last weekend. We just drove up on Sunday and returned Monday, so it wasn't anything major. We just wanted to get away and do something different.

Our first main stop was Itaewon after we'd secured a room for the night on the Army post. Itaewon is a popular shopping district near the Army base in Seoul. There are tons of shops and eateries and people! Wow, this city is alive with people and energy! It is easy to get caught up in it all. Seoul's population is somewhat over 10 million as one of the largest cities in the world. I compare it to New York City, though I've never been to NYC.
Interesting shopping...
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Familiar restaurants
Photobucket
Photobucket
I love that the Korean flag is in this shot. :)

And this was funny to me. We always talk about eating "Mexican" or "Chinese" or "Korean" or "Italian". I guess they eat "American" food. :)
Photobucket

And finally, the people. Crowds of people. Some pushy. Some nice. Some things don't change no matter where you are. :)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. So interesting to see more photos of your life wayyyy across the pond :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh...that looks WAAAY too much for me! and check out all that traffic!
    Was it smelly and noisy? (probably a silly question)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny, the first thing I noticed was the Hard Rock Cafe. lol Mark and I were just talking about them the other day. I wasn't even sure there were any still around. They're not in the news like when they first opened, and of course the closest one to us is several hours away in Seattle so I've never been inside.

    Most Americans would feel right at home if they saw that Starbuck's. I'm not a Starbuck's fan any more (they've become too big/impersonal).

    I could not handle the crowds of people in either Japan or Korea. You are a better person than I. lol

    Looks like you had a fun time.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave one to let me know you were here!