Generic just doesn't always do it. I guess if I were more of a penny pincher, it might matter. I believe that hard earned money should be spent on quality because quality gives you peace of mind. Then again, if I were a better penny pincher, I could find coupons on name brands. ;)
- Paper towels - as mentioned earlier, I love my Viva towels. I use them for everything and started when DS1 was a babe and I was cleaning up messy baby food spills. Now, I can use them to clean my bathroom sink and not have to worry about some yucky sponge that is gathering and reproducing germs. Clean the sink, then toss the towel. No worries. I've even had these paper towels go through the washing machine and come out in one piece. Wow, that's a strong paper towel!
- Glass Cleaner - needs to be Windex, not your store brand. I can't get over the feeling of just getting my mirror or glass just wet with the other stuff. Windex actually feels like it cleans while the other doesn't to me. Is that just my weird thinking? G-Dub would say so. :/
- Dishsoap - I have this thing about suds. If suds aren't there, to me, the product isn't working. Maybe it's my fascination with the Dow Scrubbing Bubbles commercial? LOL
- And yes, I use Dow Scrubbing Bubbles bathroom cleaner. LOL Enuf said.
- Bathroom tissue? I won't go there. (Unintended pun...) I'll just say it's gotta be soft and it's gotta have thickness. ;) Oh, and it can't fuzz or let puffy particles escape when you're rolling it off the roll. Have you ever used some that seems to leave a weird dust layer on your roller mechanism? That bugs me.
- Toothpaste. I've always liked being a Crest girl. I grew up a Colgate girl per my parents, but I changed that after I got out on my own.
There are many more that if I sat and thought about it, I'd be able to list. But I think you should get my point. Sorry, MJ, it may not matter if it's black or white, but in my opinion, it does matter if it's generic or brand name.
What about you? Do you put a whole lot of thought into such things?