Thursday, December 3, 2009

A Transformation

It always amazes me that with a little bit of effort and sometimes a whole lot of time, a pile of cluttered hodge podge ornaments
Photobucket
can go to this
PhotobucketPhotobucket and lighten up a room. (literally!) Some certain person who shall remain nameless needs to put the star on top. The boys and I spend all afternoon putting the ornaments on, we save the topper for the unnamed person. ;)

I'll admit to being one of those people who ALWAYS gets frustrated with Christmas lights. This particular tree has been around for ages. My mom and I bought it before I ever got married. It's needed to be replaced for a few years now. I say every time that I get it out that this will be the last year. But then, I get all the lights working and get all the ornaments on it and step back with thoughts of "what a pretty tree" circulating in my mind. :) When we bought the tree, I spent hours wrapping lights around every single branch. Over the years, I've replaced certain strands here and there. Yesterday was another one of those days. We're in a fifth floor apartment. When I couldn't get all the lights working, I had thoughts of tossing the *&^$% thing over the balcony and claiming innocence if anyone came knocking on the door. But, I walked away and forgot it for a few hours. I came back refreshed and determined. (and loaded with an armful of different lights. ;) - lights I knew worked because I'd done the plug in test on them.

One thing I like about this old tree is how there are open spaces between the branches allowing more room for a ton of ornaments. Last year, when we used a live tree, we couldn't use but half our ornaments because they just wouldn't fit. So, when I do replace this tree, I may have to replace it with more than one. ;) Maybe the boys can have their own at that point in time?

3 comments:

  1. Tree looks great and I like your tree skirt. I'm in the market for a new one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. I love how it has lots of space to put more ornies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! Wish we could see it in person.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave one to let me know you were here!