Friday, December 18, 2009

Some days, I could do blonde justice

Photobucket
Do you ever have one of those days where nothing goes right? Where you spend so much time smacking yourself on the forehead that your palm may as well stay in that position? Well, I thought about that today. I made a batch of Oatmeal Crispies (Marlboro Man's favorite cookie) a few days ago. They are quite the favorite among the male members of my family as well. I made them Tuesday. All but one was gone Wednesday night. I almost ate that last lonely cookie, but I had guilt, so I let someone else do it. (Plus, I didn't want to get blamed for eating the last cookie. I saved it for G-Dub so we could blame him for eating the last one. ;) )

Today, I had cookies on my mind again. But this time, it was my Ginger Snap cookie recipe. My recipe that is in my Bell's Best Cookbook in storage somewhere in Kansas. Hmmmph was my thought. Then I thought, well, I posted it somewhere online on a board once. Ok, went and searched and found it. Good. I should have printed it off right then and there. Should have. Did I? Nope... So, tonight when I get ready to make the cookies after dinner, I come back to the computer to print off the recipe. Site won't load, my recipe post is irretrievable. Geesh... but my butter is at room temperature! So, I looked on Carole's blog because I remembered her mentioning something about them on a blog post. Read her archives, did not find the recipe. :( Hmmmph again. At that point, I decided to check my recipe box and see if by chance I'd actually copied it onto a card and tucked it away in my recipe box. I'd tucked my recipe box away into my suitcase and brought that with me. I found it, the gingersnap recipe on a card inside. And it wasn't until I was actually rolling my first batch of cookies out and placing them onto the cookie sheet that I realized it was on MY blog that I'd posted the recipe last year and Carole had commented here. DUH! Palm to the forehead! Major blonde moment of the day!

Oh well, the cookies are made and are delish thanks for various resources. And, thanks to Miss Clairol, my hair isn't blonde or even gray for that matter. Though I really do feel some days I could do blonde justice.

3 comments:

  1. lol Too funny...lol

    I love those cookies too. If you hadn't found the recipe you could have asked me. That's one I have stored in my online recipe file.

    I hope you and the family have a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gwen - I have lost track
    of you for a time - but want
    to tell you and your family:

    Have a Merry, Merry Christmas
    and a Great New Year.

    Stay safe and warm.

    P.S. How can that sweet-face
    be 8 years old already?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that recipe box! You are so talented in so many areas!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave one to let me know you were here!