Thursday, December 31, 2009

Just used a whole lot of black ink

A while back, I saw a post on Be Different Act Normal, about Subway Signs. I followed the link to Room to Inspire and thought, hmmm, that's neat, but where would I get one and more importantly, where would I put one?

I have been regretting not having more of our decor items here in Korea with us. Wall art being one of the things I'm missing. Not that I have the greatest things for the wall in storage back in the states, but I find myself immersed in these blogs about decorating. I just tuck the ideas away in the back of my mind in the "Someday" file.

Then, tonight, on my exciting New Year's Eve, I started thinking about those subway signs and that led me into Photoshop where I created this:
Photobucket
I searched my scrap supplies for a thick heavy cardstock. Most of my cardstock seemed like it would be too flimsy with all that black ink on it, so I settled for a piece of watercolor paper. I inserted it into the printer, crossed my fingers and hoped for the best! It printed beautifully! It might have been nicer on photo paper, but I'm all out of photo paper and the PX is disappointing me there... :(

Now, I just need to find a decent sized frame. I printed it at 8x10. I may go a size up for the frame and have some white space in the margins. I'll have to see what I can find. When I get my project officially done and hung, I'll be sure to share another pic.

4 comments:

  1. ooh purdy! you should get an 11x13 frame w/a big mat and space for an 8x10. That would look nice! don't you love how I'm telling you what you "should do" ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really cool. I love printing on watercolor paper. You can get some really neat effects.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave one to let me know you were here!