Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A few of my favorite {Christmas} things

No raindrops on roses or whiskers on kittens here, but I did take some time before de-Christmas-ing the house to take some photos of a few of this year's and previous year's favorite ornaments. I'm a sucker for ornaments. That's why I need more trees. Someday, I'll have more than one tree and have themed trees. For now, ours is hodge podge as I mentioned a few posts back.

These angels have been on my tree (and my parents' tree before my marriage) for a long time. They are from my girls' Sunday school class from my teen years. I love them still today!
Photobucket
And then, there are my Santa ornaments that I started collecting before I got married. Some of these are old too!
Photobucket
That reindeer in the middle is from last year. I saw him and had to have him!

More: The VWBug ornament is technically G-Dub's to signify his infatuation from a few years ago with V-Dubs. :) Reindeer is again a new infatuation of mine. :D And among these is my Tennessee Santa that I bought when we lived in TN. Firetruck commemorated R's love of firetrucks when he was a tot. :)
Photobucket
There are snowmen and snowflakes, too. Maybe I need a snowflake and snowman tree... lol
Photobucket
And then, there's my Mississippi State ornament. Man am I glad I snapped this photo. I bought this after I graduated from MSU in '92. It's been on my tree since then. Unfortunately, it won't be on my tree ever again.
Photobucket
As I was un-Christmas-ing, I was juggling this ornament and its box at the same time, trying unsuccessfully to get the box open. In the midst of that chaos, I dropped the ornament. :( It smashed into a gazillion pieces on the floor. And I was mad. And moody after that. Grrr.... Thankfully, a photo is a memory. But still, I would like to have my ornament in the ornament box rather than the trash. :\

3 comments:

  1. I love how all your ornaments have a special meaning. I don't think any of mine do...

    I have 2 themed trees... one that is all snowflakes and the other is snowmen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ornaments with meaning, because I try to do the same thing :) I'm sorry about your Mississippi State ornament, that is a bummer :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love ornaments like those in the first picture. I find them now and again and usually buy them (I found a bird this year). I have a few that remind of the misfit toys from Rudolph. lol

    I used to do more trees (including a little wall tree), but I got tired of all the work involved. lol I am back up to two trees though. We have the large one that we theme (this year it was red and silver), and then smaller pencil style tree that we usually put our meaningful ornaments on.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave one to let me know you were here!