Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Where have I been?

I have been right here all along. I didn't mean to ignore my blog, but I just did it anyway. I was still one of those people who popped in once every few days and looked at my blog, but I just haven't been in the mood to blog. I've been reading other people's blogs and I've noticed a few of my best blog buddies have been doing the same thing I've been doing. Oh well, that's all good, right?

I have been busy - trying to sell houses and keep the boys on target with schoolwork. In the meantime, we hit a few yard sales over the weekend and a thrift shop this evening. My best deal was a small seventy-five cent chest that will work as a night stand by a bed. I'm currently in the process of painting it (decided to go with black again). I'll share the before and afters of that when I'm actually finished with it.

Tonight, I want to show you this metal candle holder I found at the thrift shop. With my red Kitchen Aid mixer, I have decided that I'll accent my kitchen with red. Now, I realize all too well that we'll be moving sometime in the future and I won't have a real kitchen/my dream kitchen for at least three years. BUT, it'll hopefully be my forever kitchen at that point in time. And with spending money to build a house, I won't want to be spending money to decorate it. So, I'm trying to think ahead and plan for some of that stuff now. Plus, when we get back stateside and open all those boxes that have been in storage, it'll be just like Christmas morning! :D

So, back to my candle holder. It's iron and heavy and RED! (and pretty too!) For $1.99, I couldn't pass it up though I wasn't sure IN the store what I'd do with it. Once I brought it home and cleaned it up, I had the perfect solution. I'll use it to hold my large spoons and other fiddle things next to the stove. Most of those are in boxes with dh right now, but I still have a few that I've been using to get by.
Photobucket

What do you think? I like it. Of course, it's RED and I like all things RED, so go figure.

4 comments:

  1. Well I like it! It's red and I like it! :P I'm one of those bloggers you mentioned. I don't have much to blog about. In actuality I probably should but ya know me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really cool looking. I've seen similar iron work like that at Target, but it's always painted black. B-o-r-i-n-g.. lol

    I've been on a red kick myself. I used to accent with yellow, but lately everything I want to bring into the house is red. I've even found some red accent rugs at IKEA that I want to run down my hallway......And of course, painting the living room red is in my future. I just have to get with it and do it.

    Like you, I've let my blog slip a little this week. I've been busy, but that's no excuse. I just haven't felt like writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like red...it works great for any season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I was always a pink gal myself, but I find myself gravitating towards red more and more as I age...I think it is a liberated woman kinda color!
    Gwen - you have quite an eye! Can you be my decorator?
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave one to let me know you were here!