Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Rider

Photobucket


DH has always called Barney, his rider, because the spoiled little thing loves riding. On anything! When the boys ride their go cart, Barney runs out and stands to wait until he's picked up to ride. When DH rides the lawn mower, he does the same thing. Same for rides on the four wheeler when we're at my parents' house. He loves being included and on the go. If he gets to ride in the truck with us somewhere, you'd think he was in heaven just the way he behaves! He is a nut.

Several months ago, R decided he wanted to build a cart with some old skateboard wheels. He and dh got to work using some old scrap wood and came up with the gizmo in the photo above. Then the boys decided it was a perfect cart for Barney. At some point, they tied a rope to it and pulled him along. He just sat there perfectly content to not be walking. Ok, he's a spoiled nut.

But then, wouldn't you know it? Boys decided to be boys and include poor little Barney in some of their stunts. Their favorite stunt is to go across the street (not a heavily traveled street - they play in the street quite often actually.... hmmm....) and up the neighbor's driveway, then skate down it on their boards. On this particular evening, they decided to give Barney more of a joy ride than a leisurely pull. And me, being the sensitive pet mom that I am went and got my camera instead of rescuing him. Don't bash me... it really was cute and he was unharmed through the whole thing!

Neighbor's driveway (I wish she'd close her garage doors so my photos wouldn't be so blah of the inside of her garage. LOL)
Photobucket

Does he look ready? Can you see the excitement in his face? Ok, you can't see his face, but trust me, it was there. ;)
Ready, set, GO!!!
Photobucket

D ran beside him making sure he didn't turn over or crash...
Photobucket

I really expected him to ditch the cart and head for cover when it came to a stop. He didn't though. He just sat there - probably reliving his life flashing before his eyes! LOL
Photobucket

Or maybe he was ready to go again. D took it to mean that and went again!

Are you wondering where Sam was in all of this? Well, he's the brains of the bunch. He was sitting on the sidelines watching and most likely thinking, "What an idiot! Never in a million years would I let them do that to me!"
Photobucket

Can you see that in his expression? I can. LOL

6 comments:

  1. Hehehe...boys will be boys I guess :) Cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is by far the funniest thing I've ever seen! Seriously, that is soooo cute! Kola would never, and I mean NEVER do that. But she's a brat.

    I have to laugh at "Sam is the brains of the bunch." heehee

    You should sew up a quick little pillow for Barney's cart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable photos, Gwen! Thanks so much for following the blog and for entering the contest! I will enjoy reading your blog now that I've found it! :) Is your hubby still in the military? I am an army brat myself! Where are you stationed?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Barney...lol

    I love that first picture.

    Thank you for asking about Turbo. It was a long haul, but he's almost back to normal again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh that's hilarious!

    Congrats on winning 3 blue ribbons!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave one to let me know you were here!