Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Being "blue" isn't so bad

Photobucket
For the past three years, I've thought of entering the Open Class judging at the local fair. But, I never thought of it early enough therefore never getting entries together or remembering until it was too late. This year, I planned ahead. Last Wednesday after taking DH to the airport, I made it home in time to get my entries down to the exhibit hall.

I was very impressed with the 4H entries. Some of those kids have really creative eyes and their photographs proved it!

I came away with three blue ribbons and was happy with those! The photos that ranked for the ribbon were:
My Little Guy as my entry for Photojournalism, Color:
Photobucket

Our friend, Carlos', junk tray full of all things Volkswagen as my entry for Unclassified, Black and White:
Photobucket

A baby from church as my entry for Portrait, black and white:
Photobucket


It was fun! I'm glad I finally entered!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations!

    That's the way it is with me...I'd like to enter the state fair (though competition is stiff), but it's either too late to enter by the time I find out about it, or I'm never prepared enough to enter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What type do photo paper do you use? I'm having a really hard time finding one I like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an Epson printer and use Epson premium glossy paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations lady! You're awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations!!! Love those pics

    ReplyDelete
  6. How WONDERFUL for you! I would love to do that sometime too...I'll have to see if they have any fairs going on here that I could do that ... I did love all your photos, so I'm glad they won!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yup, you are SO GOOD!!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave one to let me know you were here!