Saturday, July 25, 2009

Time for a cool change

Our summer has been so out of sorts. The remainder of the year will be out of sorts for us too as DH leaves for Korea and I, along with the boys, wait out the real estate market for our house to sell and for our time to travel "over the pond". We've spent quite a bit of time traveling, visiting family and taking care of things at our other house in AL. It's been a crazy summer, but we've survived the mayhem so far. I've just been going with the flow and relying on God to lead us through. :)

Since most of our household goods have been shipped to Korea in preparation for DH to arrive and set up house, that meant I was losing my computer and the use of the laptop. I sort of freaked out about that a bit until I remembered MIL's laptop sitting on the desk at her house barely noticed, much less used. So, being the sweet dil I am, I politely asked her if I could snag it and use it during our transition time. Being the good mil that she is (and knowing I can't live without a computer and access to the outside world), she said yes. :)

We brought it home last week and have spent some time upgrading it. She'd never used it much and she also had dialup, so all those crucial updates necessary to keep a system running smoothly were never done. This machine was a turtle. No, maybe it was more like a snail. I HATED using it while at her house. Hated it! But, we've done wonders with it including upgrading the 512MB memory to 2G so that you can actually get something done! Getting something done for me includes browsing the net, editing photos among other things. Other things include cruising blogs though as we all know, I'm not the best blogger. I go in moods though where I follow links on other people's blogs and read strange blogs, some of which I find interesting information on and some of which I bookmark to possibly come back to another day.

A few days ago, I was pursuing Gari-Ann's blog and ran across a comment from Candy @ Junk Sophisticate On her blog, I found a link to a website where she'd done her blog banner and decided I had to have a new look for my blog including a new mosaic photo banner. So, tonight, that's what I've done - a cool change for the blog. It was about time for a change on the blog since there are about to be all sorts of other changes in my life. :)

The website was Big Huge Labs. Check out the Mosaic Maker and see what fun things you can do!

3 comments:

  1. Looks great Gwen! But no pics of the dogs in your banner?! For shame! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I knew you'd say something about that. I looked in my files, but must not have looked far enough back. I'll include them next time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures you used.

    That is a neat site.

    Glad MIL handed over her laptop for your use. I could do it, but it would be hard to leave the computer off for any length of time anymore. There's always something I want to look up. lol

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave one to let me know you were here!