Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Step on a crack...

This morning I'm enjoying quiet as the rest of the fam sleeps late. I got up earlier and went for a walk around town. It felt good to be out and about. I have neglected any form of exercise in a major way lately.

I left the house and walked south, dropped a movie off in the slot at Movie Gallery, then continued south to the Eisenhower Center. It was nice and peaceful down there with only the birds chirping to keep me company. I found myself watching the sidewalk. The way it was laid out did not fit my stride so I kept stepping on the cracks or seams where the sections met. I laughed at myself for feeling twinges of guilt for stepping on the cracks. It all leads back to that children's rhyme, "Step on a crack, break your mother's back." I decided it was crazy for a grown woman to be feeling guilty about stepping on the cracks of the sidewalk. Funny at the same time to be worried about it. I silently apologized to my mother and then made myself look forward and ignore the sidewalk. LOL I did notice when I got back on the regular sidewalk along the street that my stride fit better. ;)

Whew, it's already Wednesday? I had to really think about that when I typed in the title. Not a lot going on around here this week. After the past two weeks of busy-ness working on our house in AL and being on the go, being at home seems rather boring. But, it is truly good to be back in our own space. I hope you have a great hump day and remainder of your week!

Oh and I'll share a photo just because photos make posts more fun. Hmmm, what to share...

When we were in AL last week, I took my camera out to the shop of the guy where we were staying. He has lots of collections, so it was fun to look for things to photograph. These old car radios caught my attention at some point. I'm going to try to be a better blogger, so I will save the other photos for another day.

4 comments:

  1. My kids try not to step on cracks. Sweethearts :)

    That is a cool pic. You have such a creative eye! It makes me jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Miss L, cool pic! However if I were that guy's wife...I'd probably have thrown those away :oX hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was a kid and was mad at my mom, I'd intentionally stomp on the cracks. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave one to let me know you were here!