Friday, June 12, 2009

Cream Cheese Pound Cake


This is so yummy! The ingredient list is sinful, but, it's so good. I have adored this recipe since the first time I had it, but had never made one for myself. I made one recently to take to a company picnic. Sharing it with others was the only way I could justify such a recipe. Goodness knows my waistline doesn't need this cake sitting around on my kitchen counter for any length of time. :)

I always call it Miss Wanda's Pound Cake because she seems to always have one when we visit her house. I was glad she decided to make one when we were there visiting during our trip to AL a few weeks ago. :)

The recipe:
1 1/2 cups (3 sticks butter, softened)
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese at room temperature
3 cups sugar
6 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla flavoring
3 cups sifted all purpose flour (I used self rising and skipped the salt)
1/4 teaspoon salt
powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour a 10 inch or bundt pan. Beat butter and cream cheese until well blended. Add sugar and cream until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Blend in vanilla flavoring. Sift together flour and salt; blend into creamed mixture. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake 1 hour 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for five minutes turn out onto wire rack and cool completely.


This was almost too much for my cake pan, but it was just right really. Maybe the AP flour would have done better in that bundt pan, but I don't keep it on hand most of the time.

Isn't it pretty? :D


I was scare of turning it out of the pan because I was afraid it was going to stick. It came out perfectly though! Yay!


Sprinkle with a little powdered sugar and then you're done!


*Story of the pan is coming soon. It's a good story! That baby was my best birthday present this year!*

9 comments:

  1. This looks delicious. I'm odd (but you knew that already) but I just had an imaginary smell/taste waft thru. Now all I want is dessert--thanks a lot, I exercised today too :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you exercised, then you deserve dessert. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. FINALLY got here to see this...and I am SO totally stealing this recipe for the pound cake contest this week at church!!! I wonder what it would taste like to use almond instead of vanilla? Or lemon??? and lemon drizzled glaze over it? I have SO got to try....YUP...betcha this is a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yummy now that does look good. Much better than those yucky looking things in the post below. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG... miss wanda g's poundcake. It is hands-down my favorite thing to eat in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD. Of course, there is always her Blueberry Stack Cake, or the Mandarin Orange Cake...

    Yeah, no wonder Vic and I lost weight getting away from her cookin'

    And my secret: Toast a piece of her leftover poundcake... drool!

    I am sure yours was just as delicious, it is the southern roots I swear :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I had some blueberry stack cake while I was there too! So yummy! But, the pound cake wins the prize in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog is making me hungry and it's midnight! LOL

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave one to let me know you were here!