Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Auction purchase


Saturday, we went out and about looking for bargains and just enjoying the day. We saw an auction sign and decided to stop in and see what was up for sale. Of course, my eyes were peeled in search of anything creamy and green - then I spotted it. A spouted mixing bowl with a handle. Love at first sight. Well, not really first sight because I've seen them before in antique stores, but didn't fall in love with them because of the price tag on them. So, I had to decide what to do. I got a number just in case Gary found anything of interest. He did not. What to do? What to do? I opted to stay while they left. LOL I sat there for a good three hours just watching the crowd. The owner of the estate which they were auctioning must have been a major doll collector. There were some major doll collectors in the audience that day too. One doll went for $625. Yeah, we're in a recession...

A guy behind me caught the attention of the guy picking things off the table to auction and told him to auction that bowl. MY bowl. I gave him an evil look. I don't know if he saw it or not, but at that moment I determined he would not leave with MY bowl. LOL But I was also determined that I wasn't spending more than $30 for it. LOL It could be his bowl for more than $30. As you can tell by the photo, it's MY bowl.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you didn't pay $625 for your bowl :) I have one like that, Sudie gave it to me when I moved to SC. Except mine's no antique...it is Pampered Chef hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very pretty. Did you get into a bidding war with him?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always liked those, especially the jadite colored ones. I've looked at the ones at Le Creuset but couldn't pay the $30 price tag for those either.

    I've never been to an auction.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave one to let me know you were here!