Friday, April 24, 2009

Junkin' find

This has been a crazy week. Aren't they all? That's a whole other post - if I start on it now, it'll take away from what I really want this post to cover. LOL

Last year, I was in an antique store in a neighboring town and ran across an antique baby scale with a wicker basket on top. I wanted it for future photography use, but couldn't see spending $55 on it when I had no baby to photograph in it or prospect. Well, a few weeks went by and I finally convinced myself I needed it regardless of the price. So, I went back to the store and ............. you guessed it, it was gone. Poo!

I have had my eye out for one since, but haven't had any luck. I found a few old kitchen scales and a most recent find of a postal scale, but none of those were what I wanted.

Today, the boys and I had to get out of the house for it to show again, so we went into a little shop downtown where I haven't hunted in a while. I was actually on the lookout for a centerpiece for the table. But, I found this instead.

Photobucket


It's now mine regardless of the fact that I have no baby nor any baby prospects to photograph anytime soon. But still, I have it, the search is over! *clap* (Oh, and it was half the price of the other one. ;) )

9 comments:

  1. this is a GREAT find! I love it!

    I was at Tuesday Morning today and they had some fantastic hat boxes...didn't get any because I was busy buying scrapbook storage stuff (got $200 worth of stuff for $47!!!) But I need to start "junkin'" to find props.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you! I've been wanting one for a long time too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yippee!! what a great bargain compared to the first one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!! that is SUPER DUPER cute!! I hope you find some babies to take pictures of real soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool, I'm glad you found it for half price!

    I have an antique Hanson scale in my kitchen. I love it. I found it for $15 I think!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool! But my first thought was 'I thought she was getting rid of stuff before her move?' *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, Bonnie. But this isn't something I will find in the other land. ;)

    And it's been hard to resist the temptation of some things. My favorite "junk" store is closing its doors. They had the first of two auctions selling their stuff last night. I made myself not go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. THIS IS AWESOME! What a terrific find!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you have this with you here in Korea? I don't remember seeing it. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave one to let me know you were here!