Sunday, March 15, 2009

To blog or not to blog

That's a question I ask myself every week as I often wonder why I even try to maintain a blog. Sure there is always stuff going on in our lives, but I often wonder who is reading and who else cares. LOL

Oh well, it's still here. And IT (the blog) will come in handy later in the year when we move on from our current state and to our next adventure with the Army.

As far as this week's excitement, it was another busy weekend. I thought when basketball was over, we'd have a Saturday to ourselves. Hasn't happened yet. D's basketball ended two weeks ago and last week was a scouting adventure for him. DH went with him to KS City to IBex Climbing Gym

This weekend, R's scout troop went on a campout in the COLD. And since dh spent his last weekend away from home, it was my turn. So, for the second time in my life, I spent the night in a tent. There were around twenty little guys with their dads. I was one of three moms along for the trip. We kept questioning whether we were disrupting the male bonding, but we didn't really fret over it. We just sat back and let them cook our meals over the fire for us and didn't worry with the clean up of dishes. :D The weather was cold - it dipped into the thirties last night. It's cruel to look at my Weather channel icon and see 53 out there now at almost 10pm when last night, it was thirty something. So, it was a miserable night in a tent, but that's ok. If it wasn't the cold keeping me awake (R had the cold weather sleeping bag) it was the howling of the coyotes or the honking of the wood ducks. All of that made it really interesting to wake up in the middle of the night and have to go to the little girls' room. I didn't want to brave the cold or the coyotes, but when nature calls in the middle of the woods in the middle of the night, what else do you do? You have to answer. And the second time I answered - dang how the cold shrinks your bladder! - I made it back to the tent just before the drizzling rain began. I'm REALLY looking forward to my nice warm, comfy bed tonight. I'm sure it will feel just as good as my nice, comfy sofa did this afternoon for my nap. LOL

6 comments:

  1. Didn't you go on blog hiatus before? LOL

    You don't have to maintain it for others, do it for you! Then it's less pressure and more fun! It's a form of scrapbooking your memories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very few people read my regular blog, and that's okay. I started it for me, because I wanted a place to write about whatever I felt like writing about. If other people come by and enjoy reading or looking at the photographs, that's great. If not, that's fine too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you can't stop blogging now, because I just now figured out how to comment!!! :p

    I would start a blog, but not sure too many people would be interested in the highlights of my days....like today...free toothpaste from Walgreens with coupons...now that's good readin'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been debateing the whole blog thing, too.. not that I've been blogging lately, but with FB and board I post on, I feel like I"m repeating myself all the time. I think the approach I'm going to take is this... for writing about things I want to remember, reference back to, show the kids later, share with friends, etc... FB and boards are for ME, chatting, catching up, etc. Does that even make sense? It seems like the two purposes still cross paths, but that's ok. :)

    Anyway... keep blogging! I read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness, I really should have read that reply before posting! I think you get the gist of it. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave one to let me know you were here!