Friday, March 27, 2009

Snow Bunny

Ugh, let me just get my complaint about this almost April blizzard we're having out of the way, then I'll get on with my post! Seriously? Snow, this late in March? It's almost April! Ok, that wasn't much of a gripe, but at least it's out in the open, right? LOL
Photobucket

The boys had swim lessons out on post this morning plus we had errands to run and I had a checkup at the eye doctor this afternoon. It made for a long day. We drove home in the blowing snow of the afternoon. Not too bad, it was just wet and slushy. As I stepped out of the truck at home, I glanced at the trash can for some reason and saw a little furry ball sitting beside it. I called for the boys to come look at the bunny I'd found. They made it their quest to catch him and rescue him from the snow. He escaped and ran under the fence not knowing how persistent those boys are! lol D found him under a pile of leaves. He is now in a Rubbermaid tub (the tub I'd emptied only an hour or so before at Goodwill) and is residing indoors where it's warm for the night.

The boys have wanted a rabbit for a long time and are so thrilled now that they "have" one. I'm not sure we'll keep him. I don't even know if it is "safe" but for tonight, he's their new pet.
Photobucket

We have named him (or her?) Snowflake because it seemed appropriate.

1 comment:

  1. What a cutie! We have bunnies all over our neighborhood. But the weird thing is, I saw one in a neighbor's yard the other day. I drove past it many times throughout the day and it never moved. Snowflake is so tiny!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave one to let me know you were here!