Wednesday, March 11, 2009

"I" - Part One

A few months ago, Erin tagged/challenged a group of us at an online forum with a list of "I's". I meant to do it, but then dh came home and life got crazy from there. I haven't forgotten and have actually been thinking about it this week. So, I'm going to work on it. I'll break the list of thirty something I phrases down though so it's not all at once (and because - well, we'll see if we cover that in the list. ;) )

First six:

I am: a Christian, a wife, a mother and many other things listed to the right on my profile. I'm a dreamer too, but I'm also an ordinary girl. I like simple and strive to keep our lives there.

I think: too much sometimes. I think about the kids and what we're accomplishing in schoolwork. I think about how I could be a better person. I think about things in my past I would change if I had the chance. I think about what I can do to actively make our lives what they need to be in the future.

I have: enough. I'm very blessed in that I truly don't want to anything that I don't really need. Oh yeah, there's that better camera body and better clothes or new dishes or more shoes or *something is always on the list* BUT, I have a wonderful husband who loves me, two beautiful (don't tell them I called them beautiful - and D, don't read this!) boys who are amazing beings inside and out, an extended family who loves us and a group of amazing friends all over the country (and world). Most importantly, I have a God who is forgiving and full of grace which I need desperately! So, I have enough. :)

I dislike: cigarettes, abuse in any form, foul language, rude people, clutter, Diet Dr. Pepper (LOL) I could go on and on, but I'll stop with the negatives. ;)

I miss: My babies being babies. My baby isn't much of a baby at seven years old. I miss being closer to our families. I miss my best friends being close by as well. I miss the beach and sand between my toes which a few years ago was a regular weekend occurance.

I fear: anything happening to any member of my family. And the unknown. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Uh oh, I didn't know you disliked my foul language. Shame on me! :P

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave one to let me know you were here!