Saturday, January 31, 2009

Not on the flight roster


Today was a beautiful day here. As luck would have it, we only had one basketball game to attend and it was early this morning. So, that left the rest of the day to do whatever we wanted. We just took advantage of it by hanging out, driving the Jeep around town and then playing outside. Later this afternoon, dh decided he wanted to get the Volkswagen out of the garage and take it for a drive. I absolutely love riding in that truck. It's sooo funny to watch the expressions on people's faces as we pass by them. Some people laugh or smile and some just stare. You can almost read their minds and hear them saying, "What the heck is that thing?" or "I haven't seen one of those in years."

We went to the park and let the boys play. I'd taken my camera because this morning while riding in the Jeep, I missed all sorts of cool photo ops. I grabbed a few in the V-Dub. Dh says this one is no good because of the sun. I'm not sure. Sun flare is a popular thing these days, but there's a fine line between good sun flare and bad sun flare. I'm thinking this photo is on the bad side of the line. There were others which were worse, but for those of you who haven't seen the V-Dub, I decided to share this one anyway.
Photobucket

The first photo in this post is dh's keychain for the V-Dub. As we were leaving the park, some guy walked up to the truck and started asking about it. It's the inevitable conversation we always have when we're out in this truck. So, while DH was talking to him, I was playing in the cab with my camera. I looked over at the keychain and was once again struck by how comical the "Remove Before Flight" canvas tag really is in this truck. There's not much chance of this little putter ever "flying" at any high speeds though it will do its best to keep up with the newer and bigger dogs on the porch. ;) The keychain tag is just a result of having a pilot in the driver's seat.

4 comments:

  1. What a cool truck!! I love it! You definately need to do a few more photo shoots with it! :D Do you have pics of your boys in the back?

    I'm incredibly jealous of your weather...we're burried in snow...I'm ready for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sun looks so nice and warm! Ahh!! Nice post Gwennie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great sunflare! I like it!!!
    I love the V-Dub too! I'll have to show it to my DH! Wasn't Saturday beautiful! Can't wait until Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love that truck. I remember when you got it. lol

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave one to let me know you were here!