Friday, January 2, 2009

2008's Gingerbread House

I meant to post photos of the house a week or so ago, but time slipped away from me.

Reed is my gingerbread house enthusiast. He started asking in October when they first appeared on the shelves if we could buy one. I held him off until after Thanksgiving though. On the way home from the Great Wolf Lodge, I bought a kit at Michael's and we sat up that evening putting all the touches on the house.

I realized looking at the photos on the camera that I never got a photo of the final project. But it didn't look much different than this - just more candies and icing as snow on the cardboard ground around the house.

Since we were leaving for out of town the day after Christmas, I told the boys they could eat the house or at least attempt it on Christmas Day. They had a lot of fun cutting into the house and choosing who got to eat what part of it.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I like your big pit-cher ;) My sister-in-law makes a gingerbread house every year. I'm so impatient. My {potentially future} kids are lucky they have a patient {potentially future} daddy. I'll be the photog!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave one to let me know you were here!