Saturday, November 8, 2008

Lotto

I was standing in line at the convenience store earlier patiently waiting my turn to pay. The two people in front of me were buying lottery tickets - scratch cards and PowerBall tickets. I stood there thinking I wouldn't know what to do with either if I'd bought any. Seriously, I've never bought a lottery ticket and wouldn't know for sure what numbers I should check where and when if I did. I told this to the clerk when it was my turn. She just kind of chuckled. But I wonder if deep down she was wondering what rock I've been hiding under for the past ten years. LOL

Do you play the lottery or buy scratch cards? The closest I've come is scratching off a ticket that DH bought once and scratching off the Monopoly cards from my fries at McDonald's.

I guess all this means I should really stop using that phrase, "I'll buy ________ when I win the lottery." Guess you actually have to play to win. I'm just not into that sort of thing.

5 comments:

  1. We don't play, but my mom does, so I say, "When Mom whens the lottery, maybe she'll buy us ____." LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought a couple of scratch offs a lloooonnnngggg time ago. I think I might have won $1. B won $30 once. We felt rich. LOL He used to occasionally buy the "big" lotto, but hasn't in many years. Maybe we should now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every now and again I'll buy scratch tickets for Dh's Xmas stocking, but it's been a few years since I've done that. Haven't bought a lottery ticket in years either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never have, unless McDonald's Monopoly DOES count ;) haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a joke in my house because I'm always saying I wish I could win the lottery but I can't win if I don't play. LOL

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave one to let me know you were here!