Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Guitar Guy

Photobucket
When new neighbors moved in last fall across the street, I noticed the teenage boy unpacking guitars from his car. Thoughts ran through my head about D. always wishing to learn how to play the guitar. A few weeks later, I was actually a decent neighbor and introduced myself to Amy, the mom. We talked about our kids and her son's guitar abilities. He's pretty much a supahstah when it comes to guitar. For a seventeen year old, he truly rocks. I asked her how he felt about giving lessons and she said he'd love to. And so it began. D's journey of learning to play guitar and my friendship with Amy. :)

Billy is a senior this year and Amy has honored me with the privilege of taking his senior portraits. She thinks I'm doing her a favor, but really, she's doing me a favor by just letting me play with my camera. ;) Anyway, Billy hates having his picture taken, doesn't really like attention and considers himself rather shy. But really, he's not. He's a super good kid - except when he calls my favorite eighties music "classic rock from four score and seven years ago" hmmmph. Last week, he was letting Devon listen to Jukebox Hero and informed him that his mom would know the song. lol

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Great pics - love that red wall behind him. How is D. doing with those guitar lessons?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep...awesome! And I love your new blog banner! Did you make that yourself! You've got talent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...I see you gave credit for the blog banner! Cool! I'll have to check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are lovely - he's quite a handsome young man, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Fantastic pictures of the Senior! I love that wall! Where was it? He looks like a neat kid! Glad you got to take some pictures. I'm dying to. I have a job of taking some family pictures for a friend on Thanksgiving. 26 people! ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome photos, Gwen. I'm glad you're picking up projects here and there. I love seeing what you come up with. He is a handsome young man... I'd love to see photos of him and Devon jamming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great photo, Gwen.

    Sounds like such a neat boy.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave one to let me know you were here!