Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Felt Fun

Photobucket

My sister recently asked me if I knew where she could buy kits to make felt ornaments. My immediate response was, "Why do you need a kit?" When God handed out the crafty gene in our family, I took more than my fair share apparently because well, to put it lightly, she doesn't have much of a crafty bone in her body. (sorry, Tam if you ever read this - luv ya, really I do.) Then I told her to look at places like Oriental Trading Company or Family Fun since she was planning to do this with her daughter. Later in the day, she asked what those websites were again. I emailed her back and said do a google search. Heck, I just did a google search and sent her some of the results.

In those results, I had found a blog with the CUTEST felt ornaments. I have entertained myself by scrolling back through this girl's previous blog posts and oohing and aaahing over her cute felt ornaments. Bugs and Fishes She sells them in a local gift shop and possibly online?.

How cute are these little:
Birds and these Reindeer
and these Other Birds
and then there are these Christmas Pudding Ornaments
and these Ornaments
and her post with a photo of a variety of Ornaments

I'm sorry, but who needs a kit when you can find all these cute ideas on the internet? I had no intentions of making any sort of ornaments for our tree this year, but after looking at these and others online, I'm thinking we might have a Felt Fun Day and just sew up some of these. R would be all for it, he's crafty and interested in that sort of thing like his mother. ;) D would go along with it just because.

Oh and I forgot to mention my tree skirt that some of you may have seen before. It's the photo at the top. I made it eight years ago and we still love it every December when we get it out to wrap around the base of the tree. So, felt ornaments would fit the theme there. :)

Here is a close up of one section of the skirt:
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. that is a really, really cute tree skirt! why don'tcha whip one up for me, ya know, in all your spare time? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Tree Skirt is adorable! I like to make stuff like that. I've got several "Christmas projects" going right now. I love to craft, but I'm the only one. Gets kinda lonely! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny you should post this...I've had plans to make some tree skirts (for my NINE trees you know...LOL), but have been putting it off. After this month, I guess I'll have plenty of time. ;)

    It's very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your skirt! I have one that my mother made me when we got married, I am partial to felt tree skirts ;) I should show you the felt stocking my grandmother made me as an infant, 100 years later and it still looks fabulous! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that tree skirt.

    Felted ornaments and other felt items have become quite hot in the crafting world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For some reason, I can't stand felt :( You know how some people feel about fingernails on a chalkboard? Well, that's pretty much how I feel about felt.

    However, your tree skirt is so stinking adorable! You did a really great job on that :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave one to let me know you were here!