Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday

Well, I decided to boycott all things retail today and stay inside my house - ALL DAY LONG! The only time I stepped out was to lean out the back door and call the dogs in. I guess I could go and officially step out to take out the trash, but why bother at 9:40 pm?

We survived Thanksgiving. There was a little excitement as my friend's son fell off his ripstick/skateboard two minutes after we arrived at their house. I was still unloading my food from the car and taking it in her house when he fell and screamed bloody murder from the end of the cul-de-sac. Turns out, he put a huge gash in his side when he fell and landed on a rock. Hmmm, flashbacks of our last year.... Neither one of us could call it. The cut was on his hip and was wide, but not deep. So, she just decided to take him to the ER. I stayed with the other boys and they took off to the hospital. All the food was put into the oven and turned on to warm. No stitches because of where it was, but doc said if it had been any other place, it would have definitely gotten stitches. So, our food was warmed over, but it was still good and the fellowship with friends was nice.

My pumpkin cheesecake was "eh". It was neither good nor bad, but I don't think I'll be making another any time soon.

Hey, since Christmas is coming up and it's a season of giving, so you might enjoy the projects and pillowboxes that can be found on this blog. Talk of the Town Lots of creative ideas over there, check out the link. Those pillowboxes would be perfect for sweet little gifts for someone special.

Are you making any gifts this year? I'm still in the "what the heck am I going to do for Christmas" mode. *gasp*

1 comment:

  1. I never set foot out of the house on Black Friday :) Even when I am in NC!!! haha

    This is my day to watch movies all day and not feel bad about it ;)

    Today I watched WallE, Hancock, Hulk, and Get Smart. (Actually started on my movie day last night ;))

    I recommend all of them! Very good movies, although not all for kids!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave one to let me know you were here!