Monday, October 13, 2008

This better not be my future

Photobucket

When Devon turned eleven a few weeks ago, I had the surreal realization that in two years he'll be a teenager. :faint:

He's a pretty good kid. So, I'm not too worried about it, but the smart mouth that comes with being a teenager - well, that's what I'm worried about. That and eye rolling. Right now, he only rolls his eyes at me when I'm being completely ridiculous - like holding my camera to his face in Colorado and telling him to do something quirky. He knows when it is appropriate and when it's not. Hopefully, this line between when it's ok and when it's not ok to roll your eyes at your mother won't become increasingly more faint as he nears teenage years or once he crosses that threshold. Hopefully, that whole "he's a pretty good kid" will remain true. If not, I may have to whack him and watch what his eyes do then. (ONLY KIDDING!)

Anyway, it does make for a funny photo. Maybe this one can go in the senior slide show at church someday. ;)

4 comments:

  1. Oh that lovely rolling of the eyes. UGH! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's my now, Gwen. It's my now.

    Janie is a champion eye roller and it drives me insane. There is no appropriate/not appropriate filter in her head.

    I love that photo - should def be shared with your church. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still remember the first time I got the eye roll from my niece, lol. Although I have to admit I've been caught lately doing it too *guilty*

    Funny pic though. heheh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember being a teenager. I was a pretty good kid too, but I had a mouth every once in a while.

    I've heard boys are easier than girls. And boys don't do that whole door slamming thing do they? ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave one to let me know you were here!