Friday, October 3, 2008

Did you miss me?

The boys and I took off for a few days with my parents for a whirlwind road trip to Colorado earlier this week. Whirlwind - driving mostly, but some sightseeing along the way. I look forward to going back to Colorado and seeing more of that beautiful state someday soon!

First stop was the Colorado Springs area. We saw Garden of the Gods on the first day, and then early Tuesday morning, we visited Seven Falls

Photobucket


You can go up the mountain elevator (blurry photo :( ) to a viewing point above. The boys thought it was very cool to go inside the mountain and up the elevator.
Photobucket


View from above.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Notice the steps along the side of the falls? Once you went back down, you could then complete a full aerobic workout for the day, or for the week, heck, for the entire MONTH! by walking up the stairs to the top of the falls. I don't want to see a stair stepper for quite some time after tackling those steps!

Photobucket


Dad was the smartest one of the bunch by staying at the bottom and opting out of stair climbing. DS2 kept wanting to go back, he got a little scared of the height, but he was a trooper and went on to the top. We had to catch up with his brother who completely left us!

Photobucket


The journey back down the steps was much easier on my heart. ;)
Photobucket


The next morning, when I woke in the hotel room, climbed out of bed and stood up, my calves SCREAMED at me. They are still screaming to a degree, but they are getting quieter as the days pass.

I took a lot more photos... waaaayyyy too many photos of the waterfalls, but I was having fun. I'll share some later on without overloading you with waterfalls pics all in one day. I'll also share more photos of other points of our trip later on too. It'll keep me blogging. ;)

Don't forget to leave a comment if you drop by! I love comments!

6 comments:

  1. Ok, this is just WEIRD!!! I had one of my recurring dreams the other night (a freakishly crazy dreams about elevators...too long to explain), and then today I read an article on CNN about the "space elevator." Then, here on your blog, I see a picture with "mountain elevator." Ack!

    Looks like a great trip!! Very pretty waterfalls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES.. I missed you! I wondered where you were! Glad you had a nice little vacation and it looks like you had fun and got to take LOTS of pictures! I can't wait to see more and hear more about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a beautiful place. That is sure a lot of stairs though! PHEW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vury vury much like the first pitcher ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You take such gorgeous pics Gwen.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave one to let me know you were here!