Saturday, October 25, 2008

DH

I shared this with some of you the other day on the boards, but thought I'd share again with others especially now that dh has sent me photos. :)

I am not sure who took the photos, so I can't give credit where credit is due. (sorry...)

So, the story. DH is so humble. He was telling me last week about the awards ceremony they had over there and telling me the basic award everyone was given. I asked him if he received the same and he said no. I was a bit puzzled, so I asked what he did get. He replied rather nonchalantly, "a Bronze Star" and then went on to something else. I backtracked and asked him what that meant (I'm not the best military wife ;) ) and he told me to look it up. I did through my trusty friend Google, I found Bronze Star Medal which basically just told me that he was awarded this medal for his Meritorious Achievement (i.e., doing one's combat job well over a period of time). :) I'm so proud of him! He really has done an amazing job in his position, but he would never say that. Did I mention how humble he is?

Anyway, the photos he shared: 1) the medals and 2) Col. pinning the medal on during the ceremony. Wish I could have been there in person, but as they say, photos are worth a thousands words, right?

9 comments:

  1. That is just so awesome! What an accomplishment!

    And D looks exactly like G!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got tears!! I said it before - so proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to your dh Gwen. What an honor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gary looks great. I bet you and boys are proud!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome! Congrats to your DH. When is he coming home?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Gwen! You must be SO PROUD!! He is so handsome in that photo too! ;) Are you counting down the hours yet? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are awesome photos. I am so glad that you were able to see the ceremony in photos. Being humble is a great trait - it's nice to have someone to toot your horn if you're not going to do it, though. Thanks for sharing this with us, Gwen.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave one to let me know you were here!