Friday, October 10, 2008

C is for Cookie

and that's good enough for me. :)

Photobucket


The boys had been asking for "Your best chocolate chip cookie" after they bragged to someone about how their mom makes the best cookies ever. I will probably let them just grow up and maybe someday realize that my best cookies ever are the exact recipe off the Toll House chips. But for now, I'm the Cookie Queen in their book and that's alright with me.

So, we made these tonight but instead of my normal pecans with the recipe, I added chopped Macadamia nuts and Halloween sprinkles. They were an instant hit before they ever had time to cool on the racks! :) Cookie Queen and all that.

But, if I were to tell the truth, I'd have to admit that I have an inner battle going on about cookies and that sort of thing. I think about all the sugar in something and think about how I'm supposed to be eating "better" and being a "better example", but yet I can't resist the cookies when I make them for the boys. If it's not here, I can't eat it. Or if it's not here, they can't have too much sugar, etc. But, I can't resist the urge to make a memory for them by making "the best cookies ever" or at least being the mom that does that in their eyes. Someday, they won't remember the extra bulk around my waistline that results in a few extra nibbles from the cookie jar when they weren't looking. But surely, they will remember their mom making homemade cookies for them. So, though the inner battle of good health choices versus the love of a good cookie continues to rage, the boys are happy because there are fresh warm cookies in the house. :) (and I'm happy too ;) )

4 comments:

  1. We love making cookies too :)

    This totally reminded me of that one Friends episode where they are trying to make Phoebe's Grandmother's Recipe, the one she got from "Nestle Tollhouse" said with a very heavy french accent. hahahahaha Good stuff ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha lawanda, I thought the SAME THING! "Nest-lehhh Tull-hu"

    They look yummy Gwennie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those look entirely too yummy
    i have to make cookies, now

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eh, life is too short. Enjoy a cookie now and then. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave one to let me know you were here!