Friday, September 19, 2008

Neurobics

Ever heard of neurobics? I had not until a recent news report on the radio. It really peaked my attention because it was talking about easy ways to exercise our brain that take us out of our ordinary habits, but yet keep our brain active by trying to figure out the new situation. One easy exercise is instead of brushing your teeth with your right hand, brush your teeth with your left hand. Now, that sounds so easy and almost trivial, doesn't it? But, tonight before you go to bed, I want you to try it. It is harder than you think. The exercises are about retraining your brain to think differently and not in the mundane ways that keep us set in routines. Another exercise might be showering, drying off and getting dressed with your eyes closed. Now, granted, I haven't tried this yet for fear it might leave me in a crumbling slump on the floor of the shower or all tangled up in my pants somehow, but I do believe I will try it. Another example was taking different routes to work or the store - something out of the ordinary that breaks the routine. All of these "exercises" make your brain work differently and therefore make your brain stronger in that regard.

You can read more about neurobics at this website or use "The Google" and do a search for more information. Maybe you'll find it as interesting as I did. Or maybe not. ;) www.neurobics.com

4 comments:

  1. It is interesting! I find my meno-pausal brain frightening some days, and need all the help I can get! LOL I've done the driving thing for years, I always try to find different routes from point A to B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zees eeez verrrrrry ineresting.... ;)

    I am so going to brush my teeth with my left hand today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard of this and it is VERY hard to brush your teeth with your other hand!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Have a great week!
    -Sandy Toes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do drive different ways, mainly out of boredom. I'll try to brush with my left hand and see what happens. LOL

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave one to let me know you were here!