Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The "Castle"

If you clicked the link in yesterday's post about Coronado Heights, you might have wondered why I didn't post a photo of the castle. (Well, I was playing with it in Photoshop LOL) On top of the hill at Coronado Heights is a castle.

Photobucket
I'm not sure of the significance of this structure as there were no historical markers telling the story of Coronado or the story of the WPA project from the thirties. Everything was just there and you were left with your imagination and own knowledge of history to help you along the way. We mostly just enjoyed the scenery and the wildflowers along with the amazing view. There were yucca plants which had gone to seed, sumac and all sorts of other wildflowers along the way.

The seed pods on the yucca made for interesting photos. :)
Photobucket

Not sure what these blue flowers were, but they were pretty.
Photobucket

Oh, and we can't forget the wildLIFE we found. I was thankful that we only ran across amphibians and no reptile varieties of wildlife. ;)
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Hey.. cool castle! Where did you go? I've never been there and I've lived in Kansas all my life! Some of your pictures would look so awesome in HDR. I've got an action to make them into a "fake" HDR.
    I wouldn't hold that told for a million bucks! Oooo.. but it is kinda cute. I might have kissed him, but not hold him. Maybe my prince would come save me! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool place to roam about for a while... the castle and Kansas. :) Great pics, Gwen!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave one to let me know you were here!