Sunday, August 17, 2008

Wedding Cake

Lately, I've been thinking a lot about wedding cake. And not just about wedding cake in general, but about how much I would love to have a piece of pure white cake with pure white icing on top. Problem is, I don't know anyone getting married anytime soon. Someone got married at our church yesterday, but I didn't know them so couldn't just barge in for a piece of cake. Well, I could have, but my momma taught me better than that.

So, that's led me to think about a bakery. No, not the bakery at Walmart - blah on their cakes and probably blah on other grocery store bakery cakes. Would it be strange to order the smallest size possible just so I could satisfy this desire for wedding cake? I just want a piece! Hmmm....... wonder if any of the bakeries in the nearby towns have caught on to the cupcake craze across the nation. That might work.

Of course, none of this goes along with my desire to cut down on my sugar intake a lose a few more pounds. But still, I want wedding cake! :lol I guess I could be a really good girl and wait until the end of September when it's D's birthday and order him a white cake for his birthday. Heck, I could bake my own white cake cupcakes, but it's not the same as a professional wedding cake.

Sigh..... Or maybe I could scan the newspapers for weddings and the boys and I could just crash one. Might go into my book of things to do in my lifetime. Daring and edgey - hmmmm... it could happen, I just couldn't tell my momma about it. LOL

I'll keep you posted.

All cake talk aside, did I tell you I have lost six pounds in the last month? Well, not sure when I actually started keeping track, but between the WiiFit and the treadmill, something good is happening around my midsection. :)

4 comments:

  1. WTG on the weightloss! Maybe go to a bakery and ask for some samples, say you're considering getting a cake for when Gary comes home. That might help with your craving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love LOVE wedding cake! It's my all time favorite. Even above chocolate (I LIKE chocolate cake, but I'd rather have my chocolate in the form of creamy sinful truffles or something).

    I always go to an expensive bakery for the kid's cakes. 'Cause I don't like the grocery store or Sam's cakes. They arent' the same. It is worth it to pay more - and you can get them rather small, in the wedding cake 'flavor' or 'style' (whatever it is).

    Congratulations on the weight loss! That's great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love LOVE wedding cake! It's my all time favorite. Even above chocolate (I LIKE chocolate cake, but I'd rather have my chocolate in the form of creamy sinful truffles or something).

    I always go to an expensive bakery for the kid's cakes. 'Cause I don't like the grocery store or Sam's cakes. They arent' the same. It is worth it to pay more - and you can get them rather small, in the wedding cake 'flavor' or 'style' (whatever it is).

    Congratulations on the weight loss! That's great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay on the weight loss!

    Bonnie might be on to something with the samples.

    We have a great local grocery store here, Ukrops, and they make amazing cakes and such. Not that that helps you unless you and the boys come for a visit. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave one to let me know you were here!