Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

To all the mothers out there whether you are a mother of a two legged creature such as myself or a pet mom - enjoy your day!

So far today, we've done church this morning followed by an ever glorious lunch at Taco Bell. Sounds so fine and fancy for a Mother's Day lunch, huh? Hey, it wasn't crowded and it was economical on the boys' budgets. ;) I came home wanting a nap, but they wanted to go outside and play, so I didn't get much of a nap. I just don't like the idea of them outside alone with me zoned out in the house. Not that I get to zone out that much, but sometimes it happens. Today wasn't one of those days though I think I did get thirty minutes - you know, just enough to make you grumpy. I finally gave in and joined them outside where I got my hands in some dirt to set out a few plants I'd bought yesterday. Money spent on manicures would be just wasted on me. I like playing in the dirt too much. ;)

Anyway, back to the whole Mother's Day thing. I got a sweet, sweet email from dh today wishing me happiness for the day. I am truly blessed to be where I am right now. And to go with that, I'll share a layout that I completed last night. It rather sums that whole thinking up just right. The picture is good and bad - good being that it's of the three loves of my life - bad being harsh flourescent airport lights while trying to take a happy photo in a sad moment. Anyway, I treasure it nevertheless. :)

2 comments:

  1. Gwen, that is beautiful. I wish your journaling had also included what your blog post did, though! :)

    Ya made me cry, tyvm. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a nice day...Taco Bell and all.

    That's a nice layout.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave one to let me know you were here!