Saturday, April 12, 2008

Naughty, Naughty

loud and bawdy, t-t-t-t-tease me
Take it easy, hug and squeeze
A naughty naughty, naughty, I'm a naughty naughty guy


Ok, I sometimes have too much time on my hands. I was sitting here about to post pics from today when my computer froze. My title of my blog entry for today was going to be "Naughty Boy". But, then as I was sitting here with that extra time on my hands waiting for the computer to do it's thing, I started thinking. And well, as my sister always says, everything turns into a song with me. So, this song from the 80's got stuck in my head. And then I tried to remember who sang it. Finally, the computer started behaving again and google (God Bless Google) told me that John Par sang that. I vaguely remember that name. Did he ever sing anything else? Or did the teasing make the grown man cry and he never sang again? *shrug* I don't know. And I was sitting here waiting, singing "Naughty, Naughty", I had a funny thought. Remember those "This is your brain. This is your brain on drugs" commercials? I decided This is your brain on 80s music. Dear Me, I still get that drop in my heart rate when the music starts in the beginning and I feel like I'm 16 again in the parking lot of Burger King waiting on my date for the night to get off work and pick me up after I'd already been hanging out in town on the strip for the evening. I remember him driving around the loop and blaring this song from his truck as he pulled through Burger King's parking lot. Goofy, silly and giddy like a school girl. Ha... gone are those days (most of the time LOL) Oh, me, I digress.

Ok, so what was my original point in posting? Oh yeah, I was going to show you these photos of this naughty SQUIRREL I caught in action today. He frequents our feeder quite a bit. I always tap on the kitchen window and scare him away. Today, I decided to sneak out the front door and see if I could catch him in action.




This is supposed to be a squirrel proof feeder. Twenty bucks at Lowes for it and it was a squirrel proof feeder for it's first year. But then the springs broke and the mechanism that made it close then the weight of a squirrel got on it didn't work. It was always closed not even allowing the birds access. So, rather than buy a new feeder, dh just put a screw into it so it's open all the time for the birds and the squirrels. :D

P.S. I googled John Parr - 1984 was Naughty Naughty while in 1985 he did the title song for St. Elmo's Fire - Man in Motion. Hmmmph, who knew? I love that song too! Now after listening to it on youtube, it'll be stuck in my head as I try to go to sleep tonight. Maybe with visions of a young Rob Lowe as well. Now, there's a Naughty Naughty for the night. ;)

4 comments:

  1. That's one big squirrel (hilarious pictures)! lol Gotta love those squirrel proof feeders. Do you know that we've never seen a squirrel or chipmunk in our neck of the woods? Kind of strange considering where we're located. My inlaws have a huge squirrel that visits their yard, but then my FIL feeds it daily.

    Gosh, St. Elmo's Fire brings back memories....

    Incidentally....everything turns into a song for dh too. It's like a sickness I think. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the your brain on 80's music!! LOL

    Cool pictures of the squirrel, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to see you back Ms. Gwen. I missed you!

    We have the same problem with our birdfeeders here too. Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you make me giggle.

    I loved Bon Jovi... can you imagine having hair like that now? I wonder if it will come back too? ;)

    Squirrels. Hmm. They CAN be little boogers!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave one to let me know you were here!